Tuesday 27 June 2017

Yang's birthday weekend

Our baby Yang turns three today!

Celebrations started on Saturday. I was out with Yu for Tok's housewarming while Kai and Yang were in school, and came back to find them asleep. Yang woke first - just nice for his present time!

Presented by Papa


Groot!


Papa helped him release the Groot from the box


Yu was also interested


"I am Groot!"


Yang chose it himself. Of course he had never watched the movie; he just likes the dancing. Later, I showed him the YouTube clip of the planted Groot dancing at the end of the movie.

We headed out for dinner at Vivocity to celebrate Yang's birthday. Think he had fun, even at the train station :)

"Fish swimming!"


First stop - bubbles!


Those are $2 bubble sticks from Daiso


And they wetted their pants waddling in the water


When I said, "Oh dear, your pants are wet!", this Kai said, "It's ok. They'll dry." With a shrug, no less. And Sito said that this happened last week and they dried them off in the playground so that was our next stop.

Yang climbed up a slope


And down! 


I stayed with Yang while Sito carried Yu and brought Kai to the toilet with N. Yang made me go down the slope a few times - very scary!!! But he had so much fun!

Dinner was at Earle Swensen's coz we wanted to get Yang an ice cream cake. Kai changed his mind about the kiddy meal while Yang could change his mind so we just ordered our own mains to share with them. Turned out Yang had most of my fish and chips while Kai took only a little of Sito's double cheese burger.

And Yang had quite a bit of watermelon cubes


Yummy!


Papa and Mama were so busy checking out where the draught was coming from...


... that we blocked poor Yu!


Happy little family! :)


Though we had to make Kai wait to dig into his sundae! We both ate part of their ice cream else it was too much for them.

"Oh, so cold!"


Yang was so super cute when eating the ice cream!! It took some three attempts before Sito managed to take a video of him saying cold.

More cute poses nearer home


I was so tired that I dozed off by 9.30 pm, said Sito. And lucky I did, coz Yang came in at 4.30 pm, gave aloud groan and puked all over the duvet! I was so shocked to see it - it was all red! I brought my nose to it and immediately regretted it - what could it have smelled like?! When I turned on the bathroom light to clean him up, I realised it was watermelon.

And that was only the first of many showers. After that, he puked twice on his bed, i.e. no more bedsheets more him. So I set him down on the sofa and he fell asleep at past 6 am. All this while, Sito was taking Yu. Kai woke at 4.30 am too and never went back to sleep *.*

Later at breakfast, Yang puked out all his white milk, all his orange vitamins, all his water. I thought it was indigestion but when he couldn't keep water down, we decided to send him to the doctor. We waited for the clinic to start at 8.30 am. Doc said such is self-limited so just have to make him comfortable and watch his input/output.

We went to get some food and groceries after the doctor and before home. He took some medicine and couldn't wait to eat bread - can't blame him too; he hadn't had a bite the whole morning. But he puked everything up. At least by then, he realised that I was right - he would puke if he ate too much.

Pinching his bread slowly at first


Next up was birthday celebration at Mum's place - what's with that face?!


Always happy to blow candles


New toys! The keyboard got funny by Tuesday *.*


Singing into the mic


Monday being a public holiday, we headed out with Mum they all. Putien gave us two sculpted balloons!

Kai was happy with his balloon hat


Mum had to hold this above him for the photo coz he didn't like to wear it


What's with the spoon and fork, baby??


"Say cheese, Mama!


Then he let me take a nice shot of him


And today, I brought a cake to school to celebrate with his friends! I didn't think of doing this but when I asked Yang what he wanted for his birthday some weeks ago, he said he wanted a chocolate cake... to share with his friends! Well, since I asked... It wasn't until the weekend that I realised that this meant I would do a school celebration with Yang first coz his birthday comes before Kai's. That's a sore point with Kai, who has been asking me at least once a day whether he can open his present *.*

They were having lunch when I arrived so I went behind to prepare the cake - I bought trolls online to use as cake toppings :) There was also a nice candle. But Teacher Z said Yang puked after breakfast in school - so poor thing :(

First a shot of us :)


The kids sang Happy Birthday and a kid blew out the candle! Yang stared at him silently, hoho! We lighted it back up and sang the Chinese version. This time, Yang blew it just before the song ended.

Yummy! But he agreed that he shouldn't finish it in case he puked again


Class photo!


He refused to let me go after the celebration. I didn't want him to be upset on his birthday so I brought him home. It was TV time after his shower and then nap time. But he wasn't feeling well and had to vomit up his cake and milk before he fell asleep in my arms. I transferred him to my bed and went out for a pedicure :p

Playing with trolls after his nap


Took him along for my haircut, hoping he would cut too but...


He was quite good though. He was just sitting there quietly for at least 10-15 min, watching me and listening to us chatting and asking him the occasional question (do you want to cut your hair?) before he asked me whether I was done. I thought ok la, so poor thing, let him watch YouTube :p And so he sat there for another hour!

No puking episodes at this point. Hope he remains clear tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment