Sunday 9 April 2017

Weaning the baby

Both Kai and Yang started solids just before six months. I don't remember all the details now but they seemed to have few issues with food. Very soon, they were eating quite a bit. Yu, on the other hand, proves to be a little more challenging.

After his first solids last Sunday, I asked the teachers to give him cereals in school. He didn't eat very much but appeared to be improving. Just like for the older brothers, I religiously take photos of his daily log in school to check his intake, output and naps.

His first check-out shot


This weekend, I decided it was time to use the avocado I bought earlier in the week - it was all brown already! When I opened it, it was nicely ripe and soft. Mixed it with some milk and offered it to the baby. This boy is quite lucky - after experimenting with two babies before him, I'm finally weaning with more than Nestle rice cereals. And during his pregnancy, I even managed to learn how to tell when an avocado is nicely ripe!

"My spoon is tastier..."


但是,他不领情 *fumes* Obviously, I only gave him a few scraps of the avocado. Even then, he ate very little of it. He also didn't take much of the oat cereals at lunch. There was more food on the table and tissue paper than in him.

But this morning, he took obvious sips of the oat cereals from the spoon! I was so happy! Let's see how he fares this week. Hope he can eat more soon!

PS: He pooped a lot and frequently since early Sunday morning. And mostly green. Avocado? Or processing the frozen milk produced during the time when I was still drinking milk? So long as no constipation or diarrhoea!

No comments:

Post a Comment