Thursday 9 June 2016

Midpoint update on the little monkey

We passed the halfway point, yay! Been so busy that I didn't even notice... Oops, poor monkey!

Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 - 13w2d

So one week after the red spotting incident, all that spotting business seemed to drop to nothing quite suddenly. Morning sickness also seemed to be going away - I hadn't puked for a while by now though I was still pooling saliva in the evenings and feeling bad.

Friday, 22 Apr 2016 - 14w

Felt the first pelvic ache. The one that hurts when I lift a leg. Isn't that a bit early??

Thursday, 28 Apr 2016 - 14w6d

Felt super mang zang in the middle of the night. I felt so with ZK and ZY too but earlier in the first trimester. Took out my peace and calming essential oil blend to help me sleep...

So tired from all the panting and hard beating of my poor overworked heart.

Tuesday, 3 May 2016 - 15w4d

I gained a kilo so far. Seemed like a slower weight gain than with ZK or ZY. Perhaps coz I started from a much higher base this time *.*

Anyway, monkey was so active on the scan! And he's also not shy - double-confirmed gender with his boy parts spotted!

Definitely feeling better though I still couldn't take shampoo smell!

Thursday, 5 May 2016 - 15w6d

ZK said he loves baby :) A few days later, ZY could also remember what's in my belly after sleeping on it - baby! :)

Monday, 9 May 2016 - 16w3d

Today marked a turning point - I finally felt good enough to prettify my face! Hello serum! Hello moisturiser! Hello concealer, oh concealer! Hello blusher! Hello powder! Hello eyeliner!

Sunday, 15 May 2016 - 17w2d

It was the most amazing thing because it felt so real. At 4 am-ish, I felt a small foot pushing on my belly from inside! As in, I could feel the footprint with my hand! And I thought it was a left foot... I even picked up my phone to record in my baby log!

When I woke barely two hours later, I realised, nah, that couldn't be real *.*

Wednesday, 18 May 2016 - 17w5d

But I wasn't dreaming now - I really felt monkey move at work and in bed! :)

By the next day, I was starting to recognise early kicks and punches - they are like quick taps on the pelvic floor!

Saturday, 28 May 2016 - 19w1d

And I felt monkey move when I put my hand on the right spot! This one very strong... I so want to remember foetal movements - from the early taps on the pelvic floors to little knocks on my belly to the later big and strong kicks. Ah... The thing about the last baby!

Tuesday, 7 Jun 2016 - 20w4d

I gained 2 kg in the past five weeks, oops.

Coz of ZY's fever, I brought him to the clinic with me. I didn't let him see baby though - apart from the doc, Papa should have first right :)

I did my glucose test, followed by a 50-min scan of just about every part of monkey. I felt him move the moment I lied down. So active!! Could see his curve and arch and curve and arch - the spine was very clear. He has cute moving digits too :) But he was cooperative enough, though I had to turn to my side once so that the sonographer could get a good angle.

ZY went to the playground by the time I was done. He was having fun with kiddy rides! So I went for my usual appointment first and saw monkey in 3D for the first time!

Still early but I thought he looks a bit different from his brothers


The doc said that today would be the last time he could get the whole baby in the screen - baby's growing! :)

Went downstairs for cash and headed back to the playground to find that he was just sitting in the stroller so we went up to the clinic again to wait for the end of the glucose test - second pee and second tube of blood. And then, food!

Today

The doc called me yesterday to say that I had no gestational diabetes - and I proceeded to have three bah zangs :p Today, he called again to say the scans were fine though they flagged out the distance of the placenta from the cervix - 4.5 cm when more than 5 cm is ideal. But he assured me that it was absolutely fine - 4.5 cm is far enough and the placenta will only grow further away.

So glad that all is well! Now I just have to watch myself turn into a whale :)

Just now while sitting here with ZK, I felt something strange - reminded me of Braxton Hicks! So fast?! Shall monitor and see how...

No comments:

Post a Comment