Sunday 8 February 2015

Big boy ZK

I've been busy and neglecting to tell the story of my ZK. He's still quite the handful but as he picks up more words, I think he's finding it easier to express himself and on our end, it's so amazing to be able to understand what he wants! (When he's not just whining!)

He has been watching videos of Kinder eggs being opened, and learning about eggs and colours and things being hidden in other things.

Mama, I draw egg!


When he shows some learning, I don't feel too guilty about letting him watch videos!! Example: Something happened to me - I forgot what, and...

ZK: Are you ok?
Mama: No..
ZK: You want (to) call doctor?
Mama: Yes, please..

And a little hand went to an ear in a phone gesture!

Mama: What did the doctor say?
ZK: ....

Think he found it wrong to say that the doctor said "no monkeys jumping on the bed"!!

But besides repeating sentences from songs and stories, he has shown that he can string things together. Today, he told Mum that he "forget to bring something for dog" and that he (will) "bring something for dog". What's something? Something :p

Mama draws other stuff


I was trying to teach time - days of the week so that he knows when I need to work and can't sit with him at bedtime, and critical hours of the day when he can be difficult to deal with, e.g. he tends to wake too early and sleep too late. I'm still sitting with him at bedtime *.* Late January, he suddenly wanted me to pat pat him to sleep. Thankfully he soon forgot about it :p Oh, and he finally saw the moon and stars for himself last Saturday when we got home later than usual :)

But there's some success with the hours of the day. I was hoping to match my drawings to the real clock instead of using the cardboard clock from Popular, which he broke on its first day home... But now, it is "six o'clock" all the time, I wonder why...

A father's love


So Sito went to Japan for a work trip and came back with goodies for ZK! None for ZY unfortunately cos he's too young and will get to share later anyway! :p I didn't know it when I took the photo before Sito woke up but the Eeyore is for me :)

The 400 yen rail and track set!


It's only been a week and the tracks are all broken and throw away *.* Even the train engine is falling apart *.* There's a reason for the price... See the yellow thing? It's Hiyoko-chan from the Cupnoodles Museum in Yokohama. It's more expensive than the track set and still surviving ZK's rough love.

ZK brought some school work home. There were this cup and straw set which baffled me until ZK demonstrated it - he blew the cup down with the straw!


Yesterday, we went to Polliwogs at Vivocity with Yan and family - how fun! Forgot to take pictures with Yan though, argh! Wait for LNY..

I'm in the BIG ball pit now!


Even I am in a ball pit


We went there two Decembers ago and ZK was still small and needed constant supervision. This time, we could just relax one corner while ZK jostled with the other kids! But ZK came out looking for Papa so Papa stayed with him inside while Yan and I sat outside chatting. Oh, we all tried the slides - yes, all, including the adults and I brought ZY with me on my lap! We found the slides rather fast but the kids were having fun - maybe weight lends more momentum...

Went to the Baby Spa since we were at Vivocity. And it was such a fruitful trip cos we managed to cut both kids' hair - just in time for LNY! :)

Happy while Didi swam / enjoyed jacuzzi


Big boy haircut - no longer botak!


What a success, considering that he was bawling his eyes out the past few haircuts! Actually, he said he wanted a haircut at Toys R Us cos of the fun seat but that was $24! No way! So we went to the $10 place next to Baby Spa but there was a long queue.

We thought that was it cos the Baby Spa no longer had a fun seat. But when we were about to leave, he suddenly said he wanted a haircut! So quickly, we did it. It helped that it was the lady who gave him his first full haircut more than two years ago. We thought that subconsciously, he might have remembered her.. ZY, of course, was a good boy during his haircut, whining a little only at the end.

ZK took some photos of us this morning - he's showing marked improvements! Better hand-eye coordination now!

ZY happened to be smiling too! Can you see that his hair is shorter now?


Love this shot - my ZK is a budding photographer? Hoho!


"Say 'cheeeese'!" says ZK and so we did!


Oh and potty training! ZK finally did a poo poo in the toilet on 29 January! I was squatting at the door while he did it and I watched the poo drop into the water haha! So proud of him! He did it a couple more times after that. Now we need to go for consistency...

On 30 January, after he was dry for many nights, I decided to put him in his underwear at night. At 1 plus, I heard some sounds from his room. When I went in, he wasn't really crying but he was whimpering - he said "wet" when he saw me. We were reading a short story about a monkey wetting his bed and how it was ok. So I reminded him of that and he was alright :)

But one thing I really don't like about potty training is potty training outside. Last Saturday, we were meeting YX and friends at Botanic Gardens when he needed to go. We went to the toilet for the handicapped (seriously, is there a better name?? Big toilet?? Family toilet!) where I wiped the seat like crazy before removing his pants and diaper - yes, the dude had to remove them all! And the floor was all wet! And after he was done and washed his hands, I whipped out a thick wet wipe to wipe his arms where he couldn't wash properly. Sweat!

By yesterday, however, he was happy to leave his pants at his ankles - 跟妈妈一样 :) Oh yes, I go in front of him to show him sometimes. But still gross - his pants touched the toilet seat instead! Argh, sucks either way la..

Sito was helped ZK with his pants and plonked him on the seat, holding him by his armpits so he didn't fall down into the big toilet bowl. Then the pants went up and he stepped onto the toilet seat cover to flush. Again, the wet wipe after washing hands. But he couldn't do all that on his own when ZK wanted to go again after Polliwogs and I was still removing my socks. So ZK stood to pee in the gents'! He just pressed on the area above his wee wee and no miss! Phew! If his pants got wet, he would have to go around in only diapers!

Now both kids are blissfully asleep - blissful for both them and me! Finally having some me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment