Tuesday 13 January 2015

Happy birthday to ME!

Yes, I must emphasise ME the way ZK does it :p

So, here I am, 35 years of ME! Hoho! And it's been a week-long celebration!

Monday

I had tons of chocolate! Blame the festive season..

Tuesday

I had tons of chocolate! Blame the festive season again...

Wednesday

Met CY for lunch - thanks, old friend, for the yummy treat! And then I gave myself a treat of sweet potato fries :p

In the middle of the afternoon, my colleagues surprised me with a slice of chocolate cake from Cedele!

Yes, I finished it, pretty quickly..


It was date night with Sito. We decided on The Chop House at Vivocity because we like steak and because we needed to buy diapers from Giant..!

Of all days, ZY suddenly decided to cry instead of going to sleep after his evening milk. Managed to settle him after a much longer time. But we got to Vivocity in time to get some diapers for ZY and throw them into the car before heading to the restaurant.

The food was passable but we realised we should go to a proper steak house next time if we want proper steak done the right way... So we needed a top-up - dessert at Honeymoon!

And then it was present time! Ok, I'm usually quite zen about presents but Sito really whetted my appetite this time..

Clue 1: He was on leave a couple of weeks back. When he came home, he kept his bag on and went into the bedroom. I went after him, wanting to help him put it down but I saw him pop a green-blue bag into the bedsheets cabinet! He was so dampened when he saw that I saw :p Nvm, I shall wait, I told him...

Clue 2: I was doing our accounts as usual one day after he emptied his receipts. Then I opened one up and saw the Tiffany watermark.

mf: Uh oh, I think I saw something I shouldn't!
Sito: Oh yes!

And he kept it back into his wallet...

Clue 3: I was doing our accounts again when I came across the same receipt! Only this time, I happened to see the credit card slip. Sito was so sian! He thought he might as well just give me then and there but I said I would wait :) In any case, I keyed the receipt into our accounts :p

So, what is it?!!!!!

Ta-da!


Probably the plane for Sito and the heel for me? :)

I had kind of expected a charm bracelet :) After all, I have a lot of serious jewellery. Just nice to have something fun to add on to my jewellery box! Thank you, Dear :) I love it!

Birthday

I busied myself around the house in the morning, packing outgrown clothes and arranging stuff, before pumping and leaving the house. Only had a bit of time to walk the shops at Gateway Orchard before it was time for lunch with Sito.

For the second time in 24 hours, we found ourselves in a pretty empty restaurant - Burger vs. Wings at Orchard Central. I ordered the peanut butter burger and he cajun wings. The lunch sets came with a single-serve drink and the buffet bar - soup, pasta, salad, onsen eggs, spring rolls, cakes and ice cream. Not much but for the price, it was ok. Although the food was not superb, I must say that the service was very good - I liked my burger but Sito's wings were undercooked so they offered a new portion immediately.


When Sito went back to work, I found myself at a loss. Actually, I had difficulty looking for things to do this time. It's like after not having me time for a long time, I forgot what I used to do with just myself :( With Sito's suggestions, I went to Tiffany to check out more charms for my bracelet - I thought it would be nice to get two more to represent the tot and the baby :) But the shop was too crowded so a lady gave me a number to call to ask for availability.

I was supposed to go for karaoke but I didn't call ahead of time and couldn't get a room :( So I went shopping - looked at my clothes and shoes, looked at kids' clothes and finally bought something at....Daiso! So auntie! Then it was back to the neighbourhood for foot reflexology before singing my lungs out at home right where I'm sitting now! Love YouTube :p

Then it was time to fetch the kids. ZY was kind and slept after his milk. I didn't manage to squeeze a "happy birthday" out of ZK but he did say "I le you" (I love you) :)

Sito got me a lovely chocolate cake from the cafe next to CBTL downstairs!


Friday

I had tons of chocolate again... I mean, there's just so much chocolate lying around!

Saturday

A clear sign that I've officially entered auntie-hood happened in the morning... I was walking past a group of old ladies on my way to the supermarket as usual when one of them went, "Auntie, auntie! Ji zun kui diam?"

It took me more than a couple of seconds to realise that she was addressing me *.* Nvm that I was thrown off by the Hokkien, which I haven't spoken for a long time.. Yes, I'm an auntie now..

We met a friend for lunch and spent the afternoon meaningfully at Jacob Ballas - ZK had such fun at waterplay! It looked like it was going to rain when he was just warming up but thankfully, the dark clouds went away. Had dinner at a new Thai joint downstairs - we are going back for sure!

Sunday

It was the family celebration! We went to Min Jiang at Rochester for lunch. ZY slept for most of lunch - very good! Except that I ate with some difficulty but at least I was eating with everyone!

The cake was actually a pancake with fruits and yogurt from Paris Baguette, courtesy of Ah Yee. It was good - the fruits weren't sour or too sweet - but ZK wouldn't have it. No need to guess - I took his portion too :p

I'm so happy to have all my boys with me :)


I was thinking this morning that it's nice to be 35 - sounds like I've reached yet another milestone in my life. Mid 30s? Addition of ZY in the past year? Addition of 4 kg?? Well, I can use my angbao money on a new weighing scales to track my weight to the 0.01 kg but heck, I'm generally healthy and happy! I just hope to grow wiser as I grow in age. Here's to a happy year ahead, as always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment