Saturday 24 November 2012

When the going gets tough, be happy!

Sometimes it seems that I'm the only happy person in this household. The little one cries, obviously. The adult version, however, has also not been happy these days.

I should be glad it's not me or ZK. But I feel sian that work always enters our life in the least desirable way. Hey, the S hook on the gate is meant for us to hang up our work before entering the house! :p

I think we take vastly different approaches to work. To me, work is just a means to an end, which is to support ourselves. Like I mentioned before, I work to live, not the other way round. But he doesn't think that way. He doesn't live just to work of course but he doesn't work just to live either. So when the work is bad, it affects him and then me, hence my ranting.

I feel helpless as there's nothing I can do. Google tells me I'm not alone but that doesn't help. The only thing I can do is to choose to be happy, like what I preach. It's not pretending. The truth is while there are unhappy things, there are also many things in our life to be happy about and I'll focus on the latter.

That said, it doesn't mean I'm going to ignore my husband! I just hope that simply being there is of some comfort, even if I can't do anything more. And that my positivity can rub off somehow...

Here's to happier weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment