Wednesday 9 May 2012

What do you do with a BA in maths?

One day, we were talking about what I could do for a living when the first song in Avenue Q - "What Do You Do with a B.A. in English?" - came on.

So, what do I do with a BA in mathematics??

Certainly not taking it further to become a mathematician - I was that for three years in Oxford cos that's how we address those who take maths - or teaching the subject or trying to follow in his big footsteps!

Actually, mathematicians can be very employable outside academia and education. I just don't know what I really want to do... Apart from being Sito's personal assistant :)

I'm kind of looking forward to going back to work.. Strange, I know.. But having no income and slacking my days away for an extended period of time don't exactly suit me... Not to say that I'm slacking away my days these days - I'm very busy with relocation stuff, so busy I haven't watched Jap dramas since January!

Anyway, I just remembered that my HR was supposed to email me something but didn't. Oh well, I'll be back next week. Will probably head to office for a chat with some people. And catch up with the aunties in the Amoy hawker centre - through food! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment