Wednesday 16 December 2009

Being on long leave

It's a rather surreal feeling, to wake up on a weekday morning at 7-ish and realise that there's no need to jump up to get ready for work. It's even more so when this is repeated for more than a few days at a stretch, albeit at 8-ish, 10-ish, and even 11-ish.

We spend time washing, cleaning and hoovering - now our place is more like a home. We laze in front of the TV, often with some food to share. We also cook some meals and boil a lot of water.

This morning, I was staring out of the study window. It looked pretty quaint down there. Low buildings. Old. The new flats could be seen just a little further.

Now, it's raining. I'm snacking on cashew nuts, typing this and listening to the radio. He's a few steps and a door away, in the comfort of aircon even in this pouring rain.

I know I have things to do, like drawing up a shopping list for the Isetan private sale this Friday - we desperately need some plastic ware. And I need to figure out how to work the high-tech rice cooker. Heck, I can't even manage the TV or the aircon controller!

But I'm feeling light-headed, in part due to my flu and also this feeling of being on leave, being carefree for a while finally.

I find it hard to believe that three weeks are coming to an end.

I'm dreading next Monday.

1 comment:

  1. hey hey! let us know if u need plastic or cooking ware as your new house gifts! if you want vouchers also can =)

    will you have any house-warming party?

    - tian

    ReplyDelete