Sunday 26 July 2009

It's starting to end..

Feeling happier now, and not lest because I am 99 days to the end of my bond :)

Checked my bond after reading a link a friend posted on facebook: http://s-pores.com/2009/07/once-bonded

I wouldn't say I agree with the entire article - each is a different experience, I suppose.

Some time along the course of my university - I think it was after my "huh-what's-happening" mid-term internship at MICA or then-MITA -, I did wonder if I had made the right choice when I was 19. How the hell would a kid know that she wanted a job in the civil service? And this was a fluffy girl, mind you..

But I turned 23, graduation year, and I realised I still had not figured out what I wanted to do with my life. Might as well go with the flow - follow through with the decision I made four years earlier, choose something interesting and perhaps I might like it..?

So one thing led to another, and eventually my last post. After many months of thinking and agonising, I'm glad that I have finally decided it is time to move on (soon).

Just the other day, Sito asked me if I wanted to be a housewife. No, I don't. I want to be a stay-at-home mum! :p That's different from a housewife ok.. I want to be with our kids when they're young, and at the same time, be able to do some freelance work from home so that I can have an income to support Mother and buy presents for my family.

So I put to action some plans that started brewing about a year ago.

Firstly, I found a short course on translation. But the course date was postponed a number of times. On Friday, I finally got a notification that it would start in September :) And yesterday, I finally signed up for a diploma in Montessori education after much research into the various schools and courses.

My plans are slowly falling into place :))

It's interesting how we can change. As a child, I had imagined myself strutting down Raffles Place purposefully, black suit and all. You know, having a better life than my parents. By my late teens, that had gone out of the window. I was - still am - rather meek and didn't think of any big things. I told a friend then that 我胸无大志 - and I told another that 我手上有一颗 (痣) :p Moving on to university was then a natural thing to do after JC; I didn't think about where that might then lead to. I didn't think, period.

So it is quite significant that I have taken those two important steps forward - for once, I thought, and I planned for them to happen :)

And it so happens that Sito also started acting on his plans in the past week. So both of us have new goals to work towards - we are happy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you are clearer about what you want to do now! Congrats on surviving the bond and hope the next stage will be equally exciting for you and Sito! - yeing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I hope you find a lot of fulfillment and success in what you pursue.

    Like you, I too feel my future lies somewhere outside the current shell I'm in. Not too sure what it is, but I wanna go out there and find out! ;)

    - Zain

    ReplyDelete