Monday 16 July 2007

Fresh tomatoes!

Summary:
1) Upgrading works are mostly done
2) I moved in with Grams during the works
3) I am back now – and in my own room!!

Long story on the part of Tomato Town where I live..

Getting the room ready

This stage happened end of Dec last year or earlier this year:





Was in one day and saw how they did it, oooh…



It took some time for the dust to settle, and when it did, it was Easter Sunday and also time to clear the inside of the house to prepare for the internal works..

Look at the gross dust under and behind the drawer cabinet!


I moved out that very day cos Mother and YQ dismantled my bed.. My bed!! =(

Scooted off to church - Yes, me! Church! Kel, I wasn't "rejected" ok - before packing my stuff for the whole afternoon; one suitcase for NYC (more about that in my next post.. Or next next..) and another for the move.. Lugged two suitcases and four other bags to Grams’s house in two cab rides cos Mother refused to help =(

During the works, Mother became OCD...


Poor fish!


But I was glad that I was able to hide out with Grams :p Came back once on the day the works started to make sure things were fine, and then I was off to New York already..

By the time I got back, tada!

Almost couldn’t recognise where I lived for 27 years man!

But I didn’t move back immediately, not when there were more works to be done.. We installed a built-in wardrobe in my room and wall cabinets in the kitchen..

You saw the “before” of the kitchen above.. This is “during”...


Now the “after”!

(One drawer was found to be faulty)

Then I started to set up my lovely room..

First, the chandelier that I bought the day I got back from NYC


And the pink mosquito net I got some time back - so pretty!


My desk, which looks different now with my brand new iMac! More on iMac later..


My bathroom in its just-done state


And the lived-in state! So cheerful right =)


So finally, I moved out of Grams’s place.. See the corridor I used to run along..


Coincidentally, Na, SY and I officially moved into our new place/room and slept on new beds on 26 May 2007 :p

So happy! So 感动! I finally have my own room!!!!!

Living in my room

Now the bad part: It was damn hot in my room! I had to go to bed with prickly heat or tiger balm every night for the first week... Cannot have room warming ah - more like room heating!

Very funny, whenever Sito comes over, he becomes Tare Panda - just lie on my duvet, cannot move, too warm!! (Oh, except that time when he had his laptop; he worked..)

It got better gradually as more dust settled – or I got used to it... So one night, CY came over for a sleepover – we are big babies! :)

We had dinner in AMK Hub - our favourite haunt now - before going to my room for a beauty session! Photos of us with facial and eye masks are too scary to blog but this one is ok:


We also watched 200-pound Beauty; it was so funny la! Highly recommended for the cute fatso and super hot beauty - "I sweat pretty too" :p

Spent some time talking for a while before dozing off; both tired.. And we woke early for breakfast before she had to go and I had to go wrap bah zang, which were not oily this year, very happy =)

Getting connected

It was 15 Jun 2007, a Friday when I left office very early to get to SGL in Sim Lim to get my iMac - my iMac! Sito helped me with the 10kg and set up the iMac for me. It wasn’t until the super auspicious day 7 Jul 2007, when 777 couples supposedly got wedded, that I got my broadband set up. So finally, I’m connected!! :)

Spent some time downloading Mac updates, MSN, Open Office etc, but the most important discovery was Skype! So now, we have stopped paying chunky Singtel bills :p

I’m determined that the first blog I post on my iMac is on my new room. Finally had some time tonight to do it - just that it is now quite late..

Getting nostalgic

Yes, with all that moving and renovation, I had to be very ruthless and threw out a lot of stuff while repacking some others.. Had earlier blogged on my spring cleaning, when I dumped or identified things to dump..

Then, I found more..

A roll of film; I was curious and unrolled the thing. It was almost like killing something instantly =/


Moulds of my teeth when I went for a veneer! Quite funny to play with it :p


My old tees from school..


From Nou Camp but it shrank =(


Used this apron in Home Econs class in secondary school! Together with a triangular head scarf..


Almost threw this away but I couldn’t bear to, not after spending so much time sewing it! Yes, I sewed this myself!! =)


And my treasure box - see the key chain that says 25? That was a National day gift in primary four!


These are mice, from my angel Josh in the angel-mortal game we played in JC1 =)


Also found strange things like chewable toothbrush! Got it from a friend in Oxford many years back so um, I didn’t dare to use it :p




Ah! My NJC orientation bag!! Used it for the gym last time but the material was kind of rotting...


Used to spend money on useless bookmarks.. Or rather, they become useless when you have more than a few; how many books can you read at the same time?!


I dumped all but one:

How can I ever throw that away? :)

5 comments:

  1. finally, substantial updates on your life!

    and you went NY again? lucky you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new room, the pink mosquito net is cute.

    SZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colourful room!

    I would recommend neo-office in place of open office, since open office needs X11 to run on a iMAC and is really painful to use (hot-keys like copy and paste are different, clipboard is not interoperable with MAC and everything).

    Also, consider using Adium instead of MSN. It's about the same, but since you've cast your lot with Apple, you should avoid all Microsoft products to complete your metamorphosis... Bwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha then you have ur broadband n ur own room, ur 1st blog is so long now haha!
    i like our foto:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey me n sis actually finds you look like 天心. taiwanese. now hosting 陶色蛋白质

    mt

    ReplyDelete