Monday 26 December 2005

Bedmates



??

If it's not obvious enough, it's an eye. A left eye. And it belongs to my dear friend..

*Pause: Wonder how that will sound like if the photo is not loaded for some reason..!*

.. my dear friend Eeyore!



He turned four on 23 Dec, my Xmas present in 2001. For the next six months, he sat on the couch next to my bed and watched over me as I slept. But this is a quiet fellow; I have never heard a single grumble from him, even during the 13hours he spent in the overhead cabin storage when we were coming back from Oxford.

But Bow makes noise, deep growls made for no reason at all. He was born two months earlier than Eeyore due to a misunderstanding, and subsequently resulted in the birth of his fraternal twin, Wow, who is black - except for the the right eye :p



Bow is my guard dog; he used to sit on the other side of my bed and more than made up for Eeyore's non-attention to his surroundings with his sharp sharp eyes.

Then there is dear Meh who shares my bed from the day I chanced upon her in a tiny gift shop in Stratford-upon-Avon, resting next to me in my arms as I sink deep into slumberland, and she remains in the comfort of my duvet in the day. Like Eeyore, she doesn't talk much but she responds to me and my whining with the most comforting pair of eyes that makes me feel understood and loved.



Isn't she the sweetest thing? :)

Now, all three of them line one side of my bed, keeping me company when I'm reading in bed, in vastly different moods: shy Eeyore keeping to himself mostly, looking at me only out of the corner of his eyes; lovely Meh taking in everything with a smile and not a word; brave Bow staring intently at me, giving his signature low growl every so often.



I'm bored :p Cos I can't watch Initial D in Jap on either lappy and I have no access to the VCD player today! =(

No comments:

Post a Comment